Protect Your Business with this New POS App
Your business security depends on the information that you retain and how you monitor your everyday transactions. There are many ways to do this both with internal measures and technology with the new Point of Sale Systems available today.
Too many times, you (the business owner) are left in the dark as fraud and theft happens right under your nose. Thieves are getting more experienced every day with the various tools they have to violate your business and thus rob you of what you’ve earned. The steps to prevent this are many but vary according to your business type. One of the most common areas of concern, unfortunately, is from your employees.
One suggestion is to find out the what, the where, and the when. What are your current and future employees skills, where have they worked, and when did they work there? A detailed background report is easy to get and inexpensive compared to the potential financial loss.
Another method of prevention is employee training, which can and should include process training and data security procedures. Many times we are so familiar with the processes ourselves that we forget or skim over them when training a new employee. To solve this, have a written “New Employee” checklist and USE IT. Also, use the security awareness policy & training available in your PCI Portal.
Do you receive Email or Text alerts from your POS when specific events happen in your store?
- A payment, refund, tip, or discount exceeds a specified amount
- An item or an entire order is deleted, the alert message will indicate whether it’s a PRINTED item/order
- An online (or any other type of) order is paid
- A custom item is added to an order
- The quantity available for an item falls below a specified threshold. (Stock app required)
- An item has expired or is expiring soon (Stock app required)
- Cash in the drawer exceeds a specified amount (Cash Track app required)
- Partial payment is made
- Cash is removed from the drawer
- The cash drawer is opened without a transaction
- An item is deleted from Inventory
- An order stays open too long
Now Available with the Ping Me If app from Clover. It is integrated with all your information in your Clover System.