Here we are at the end of December and all we have been talking about since August is EMV (European Master Card and Visa). The news has been chocked full of situations where credit cards are still being skimmed and fraudulently used. Here is an NBC2 News Report where a local Cape Coral woman watched her email and text alerts as her Pay Pal Debit card was racking up transactions at a Toys R Us, Best Buy and local merchants. There wasn’t a thing she could do about it. Crooks aren’t stupid. They pounce and prey when they know the time is right. In this case it was Christmas, so she was unable to stop these fraudulent charges. It’s a shame this woman had to spend her Christmas worrying about these transactions. Fortunately she heard back from Pay Pal and will not be responsible for these charges.
Who will be responsible? The merchants in Lee County without a chip reader will bear the loss here. What a perfect time to upgrade and protect your business and clients. Also, help your year-end tax bill with your Section 179 expenditure.
This white collar crime is on the rise and it’s more profitable and less risky than dealing drugs. We encourage not only our customers but all merchants to process their transactions securely on an EMV terminal. Don’t let your business or your customers suffer. It’s no way to bring in the New Year.
Call us today at (239) 549-5055.
There is still time before the ball drops and we enter another wonderful year.
If you’ve been utilizing an older credit card terminal that is not Europay Master Card and Visa (EMV) compatible because you’re afraid of the expense. Now’s the time. “LEASE!” I’m sure you and your accountant are aware of the tax benefits (Section 179) you can receive by leasing. I am. I just leased a brand new 2015 Acura TLX for the same price as my 3 year old TSX. There was no money down, no need to replace the old tires with new ones on the TSX, no need to get windshield wipers and no need to get another synthetic oil change on the older vehicle. I don’t have an accountant but I can do the math. Plus, I am currently getting better gas mileage and enjoying a newer, quieter and more comfortable ride. This can be you.
Ask yourself these questions……….
- Are you still struggling with the new EMV and putting off upgrading your system due to cash flow?
- Are you still in denial about getting a new terminal even though the card reader isn’t working and you’re keying in all your transactions?
- Are you aware it’s costing you more money to key in those transactions instead of utilizing the new chip reader?
- Are you aware that chargebacks you haven’t received in the past could be coming through your door right now?
- Do you realize that with each one of those chargebacks on chip enabled cards that aren’t processed appropriately and are found fraudulent or stolen will be your responsibility? Let’s not forget about the chargeback fees of anywhere from $20.00 to $35.00 attached to each one of these chargebacks.
Leasing is the answer. 2015 Section 179 enables deductions of up to $25,000. Time is ticking. As of today you have:
[wpdevart_countdown text_for_day=”Days” text_for_hour=”Hours” text_for_minut=”Minutes” text_for_second=”Seconds” start_time=”1449777140″ end_time=”21,9,6″ action_end_time=”hide” content_position=”center” top_ditance=”10″ bottom_distance=”10″ ][/wpdevart_countdown]
Be sure to get your leases in before the Ball drops. Just another reason to enjoy a Happy New Year, knowing you and your business will now be secured.