If you’re like most employers today, you should use background checks to help make employment-related decisions. But just in case you think you’re immune to hiring bad employees, we offer some compelling reasons to set up a background screening program. By the way, even if you do have a program in place, these reasons may suggest ways you could improve it.
- Background screening helps to create a safer, more productive workplace.
- Organizations with background check programs attract higher quality employees over time.
- You can reduce the incidence of negligent hiring lawsuits with screening by conducting your due diligence.
- A properly structured and FCRA compliant background screening program helps you comply with regulations and meet requirements of clients or partners.
- Background checks are an essential part of the verification process to ensure an applicant or employee fulfills the requirements for the job.
- Companies can reduce the risk of employee theft or fraud by screening for risk factors in an applicant’s background.